Monday, June 9, 2008

Culottes and School


While Shelby slept off the effects of the antihistimine I decided to finish 2 pairs of culottes I had already cut out. I was so excited when they were done I decided to cut out 2 more and that's when i realized it. My hand made, newspaper pattern was GONE. I just made it about a month ago when I cut these two culottes out. I had altered a flared shorts pattern about 5 years ago and THAT newspaper was falling apart. I also could no longer figure out where the new ajustments were written, so I followed the old adjustments one last time, traced the cut out culottes on new newspaper, and tossed the old away. Well, apparantly, when the ferrets got into my sewing cabinet and dragged EVERYTHING out, the children decided to clean up the mess. I imagine the folded up newspaper probably looked like garbage to them. SOOO, i ended up trying to make a new culotte pattern, and the culottes DID NOT get finished. OH well. Today we also resumed school. We decided to take the spring and fall off from school beacuse the weather is so nice and go to school in the summer and winter when the kids just don't want to be out too much. With it being almost 100 degrees today seems like good indoor weather to me!!Shelby feels much better today. She still has a rash, but she is not so inflammed. But, she would not pose in her new culottes yet. Her favorites are the pink ones.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I like the pink ones too...it's my favorite color, you know!

Good job!

~Kristi

Susan said...

Thank you Kristi.