Friday, June 27, 2008

Puzzles

This will eventually be glued, framed and hung on my bedroom wall. We really want kind of a rain forest theme in there. I somehow ended up with a picture of a waterfall on my computer in the exact colors I wanted but never could find an actual print to put up. Last time we visited my Mom in Fl. I found this puzzle and it's exactly what I want. Shelby and I put together several puzzles for her room which were safari prints with animals drinking at a pond. I made her a rag quilt that matched the colors of the puzzles, so her room is uniquely hers. We also did one for our fish themed bathroom. I find puzzles quite addictive, and my kids all seem to enjoy helping. One of my favorite memories of my Dad was doing puzzles. We would start one on the kitchen counter, and sit at it for awhile, but then every time one of passed by we just HAD to find 1 piece. Just one. Well, maybe 2.... Then if I got one my Dad felt like he was slacking so he had to get one. And then at least one more. And back and forth we would go. They make neat pictures for the wall, and neat memories to go with it!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

How fun, we did that with my brother one year. We put together a big 101 dalmation puzzle and glued it together and framed it. Lot's of good memories!

Kristi said...

Sounds like fun. It's funny you would mention the rainforest. We were told last night the kids going to Puerto Rico will be visiting a rainforest while they're there. Hannah and I looked up animals and plants she might see while in the rainforest. It was so interesting! Did you know that a leaf that falls from a tree in a rainforest would take up to a year to decay, but because there is no sun reaching the forest floor, it only takes six weeks. How 'bout that?

~Kristi