Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A week in review

It seems I have fallen to only blogging once a week. I started with a bang, putting something on the blog daily. Now it just seems so hard to find the time to sit and put thoughts and words together.

We are in school, so that takes up a good bit of time. I can't really say what I do the rest of the time, just being motherly and wifely I guess. But last week the kids had saved their money and bought a slip n slide thingy. It has a boogie board with it, and you fill the slide with about 2 inches of water, and then 'surf ' down the center of it. Great fun in theory.In reality its not so great. Oh, the kids had a blast. But you have to put it on flat land. Really flat so the water won't spill out the ends. We got that accomplished after filling it and moving it three times. It was perfect, then the fun started. Shelby tried first, and did not quite make it on the board, but finally was able to a little. Jaren got it after a few tries too. Of course by "getting it" I mean they slid two or three feet then busted!! Justin made it his second try only to bust and whack his head pretty good. After watching the three of them come a little too close to breaking some vital part of their body, we told them just to knee board or belly board.It really is rather dangerous. They had more fun after that anyways!!!
Setting up
The board
The Kids



Jon also took the kids with him to look at a place to bid some repairs on, he dropped me off at the yellow mall to shop alone for awhile. I did not buy anything there but had a great time!!He is SUCH a good husband. I told him later that the kids are always good when we shop. It is not their favorite thing to do, and we do not do it often, but they are good. It possibly could be because I have told them that how patient they are is how fast I go. If they get impatient I can really spend ALOT more time in one store. I usually start moving extremely slow so they get the picture. I have to laugh because I do not like shopping aimlessly myself. I usually have a list and a plan and then head off full steam!!

We then spent one morning cleaning a house. It was done quickly, and then he took the boys and I took Shelby to shop again. She did not mind at all. We went to 2 craft stores and a fabric store that I had never been to. I plan on returning to the fabric store with needed measurements. We bought a few little things, and she found a tie dye kit that she had been wanting. It was clearanced out. She proclaimed at the end. "MOM that was the best day ever!!"It was fun just to spend time with her, and look at things that we would like to make in the future. I did end up buying a styrofoam wreath and some fall fabric that was clearanced at Wal mart. I plan on trying to make a fabric wreath. You know, the kind made of fabric squares?

This picture is at the house we cleaned. We have to empty it out, before we clean it. All that was there to be removed was a dryer with a broken knob. It happened to be on the second floor, so Jon got to shimmy it down the stairs!!


Then the storms hit and we lost our Time Warner. So for a few days we had no cable, no internet and no house phone. We get a great bundle deal on it, but we realize now that if we lose one, we lose it all. It was very disconcerting not to be able to check the weather or the news!! We had invited some family and friends over for Labor Day and we did not know what the weather was going to be like. The Lord was good though. He kept the sun shining. We had set up the slip n slide,and a little swimming pool( it is actually our ferrets pool, they like to dive for shiny things)and had the trampoline out. The kids had a blast and the adults enjoyed fellowshipping. We stuffed ourselves silly with burgers and dogs,chips and beans chocolate cake, a giant cookie pie, and a Boston cream cake. I know I for one ate WAY too much. My Brother in Law and Sister in Law were there. You may see them some on Thimble Thoughts.They were laughing because they are starting a diet and were glad they were not starting that day!!They did good though!! Today was spent trying to catch up on internet business that needed to be done over the weekend, cutting out fabric squares and school. Here are some pics from Monday.

This is "T" he is a sweetie in our church. He had the pool first.
Then he was joined by the others. Its kinda small, so "T"s mom brought over his just like it, and they all decided they were done and got out. It was funny, just cant figure kids out!!
Shelby and Alanna played forever on the slide. They went through a whole regular sized bottle of dish soap. That is Alanna in the suds still.
After Megan changed the little ones into clean clothes( at their own insistence) they decided to get wet again. Isaac is posing for me. He knows he is too cute!
Joseph is happy. I think he is saying na ne na ne boo boo to me!
Justin dried off, and decided to practice soccer. The men are all watching. Daniel has not arrived yet, and "R" just got there. He was heading off to preach. We tried to convince him it would be okay to slip n slide at least once but we could not convince him to do it!!

The men played ping pong, There is Jaren with Daniel, my brother in law.
Bro "K" with Justin
I got to hold Ethan!
Meghan with Ethan
Alanna is too cute, I just love the frog on her shirt
These three had a blast with the cars.

The only picture I took of "K"
"M" is enjoying her dessert!!
Just a brief glimpse into today's afternoon festivities. We had a real live boxing match!!!
Now, all this was written yesterday, and now we are at today. School is on lunch break, the boys are playing Foosball, Shelby is keeping score, and I am 3/4 of the way done with the wreath. I did not cut out quite enough squares,but it will be done by tomorrow!! Have a great Wednesday night service!!I'm sure we will.

No comments: