Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Well,
I was right!!

It WAS hard Christmas day. I finally dozed off about 2 am, did not really sleep, the kids got up at 5am, and the day began. I was soooooo tired that I was loopy.

We started like we normally do, with socks. You know, stockings, or whatever you call them.

After the kids looked through them we told them just to stay in the living room and mess with their stuff. We had bought the boys curtains and wanted to surprise them. Well, we got them up with no interruptions then went back to the kids. We started getting ready to open presents, but *remembered* the batteries were on one of the boys dressers, would they please go look for us? We followed quietly with the camera ready, and much to our surprise, both boys stepped out of their rooms, and said, nope, no batteries here MOM!!!They had no clue!!!We snapped a picture with them standing in front of the curtains, no even realizing what was going on.







Justin finally got wise, I mean there is something fishy about mom , dad ,and sister standing outside your room laughing like loons INSISTING that there are in fact *batteries* somewhere in your room.


They had both requested room decor in their favorite team colors for Christmas, I dont know if they ever thought about curtains but were quite pleased!!!

We let them open a present or two, then Dad and I retired for a much need 2 hour nap!!

We dont put names on the presents. So the kids have no clue what belongs to who. I also re-box may items to keep them from guessing.Then I have a master list of the numbers, what is in it, and who it belongs to. Then Jon and I get to pick what order they open things in.Jaren, you get 14, Justin get 1 Shelby find 23....The numbers are in no order and so that part is really as much fun for us as the kids!!!


We had a great day!!
All three kids got soft blankets to sleep under that matched their rooms.



The cat got his own weasel ball(of which he is terrified if it moves)

and a bag of paper which we had to carefully inspect to make sure he got out of before we threw it away!



Justin was thrilled with a cell phone. He didn't even ask for one because he was sure he would never get it!!!

Jaren LOVED his basketball goal.Something else entirely unexpected!!!


And Shelby got long awaited for earrings. She had her ears pierced for her 10th birthday, and is just about ready to change them out!!


A certain someone bought them a Wii. We had told them no video games, dont even ask... we are cutting back on those... but well, SOMEONE went and bought them a wii.


Actually, it is about the neatest thing I have ever seen!! WE ALL LOVE IT!

Even I play it, and I do not do video games at all!!!

_____________________________________________

And then there were none!!

2 comments:

Starla said...

That was funny that they didn't noticed the curtains. Also I love the numbers on the gifts. That is very smart!!!

Kristi said...

That was such a fun post to read. Isn't it just like boys not to notice a change like that in their rooms?

There's a picture of a lady reading by a window directly across from our toilet. You would think Bruce would have noticed after a couple of weeks that the picture was hanging upside down. After all, he does spend a lot of time in there!!! But nope, he didn't notice it until I pointed it out. LOL

I loved their throws. I have a blue one just like 'em.

Funny about the cat being afraid of its toy. hehe

And what is up with Shelby's one sock on, one sock off? That was funny too. LOL

~Kristi