Saturday night Jon went back to the church to prepare for the Easter sunrise service at 7:30 the next morning. Following that was to be a breakfast then a combined Sunday School/ Worship service at 10:30.
It wouldn't be Enough-Sandra, Laura, Sylvia
Jon had to be at the church at 6:30 to drag out all the sound equipment. The kids and I were lazy and didn't come until 7:15. It was beautiful. We had alot of special music, and of course great preaching, and you know, it was really special to have the service outside, early in the morning. to me it was neat because I could hear the birds chirping, the wind was blowing softly and it was just so bright and beautiful. It was a little chilly, but not bad, and it was well worth waking up early for.
Then of course we had food. Cereal, donuts, grits, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, eggs, and liver mush(yuck!)oh yeah and pancakes.
Then we had our morning service, and went home ate crock pot roast, and SLEPT!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a picture of the kids Easter morning. I made Shelby's dress, and let me tell you, if it had been the first I had ever made, I would never sew again!!!
The pattern gave lengthening lines to make it longer, which I used. I added 3 inches to be exact.
Unfortunately that moved the waistline and the hipline down 3 inches, and her hips are not at that spot, so it did not fit right AT ALL!!!
Because the skirt part was in 8 panels, I ended up taking out all the seams and resewing the skirt only allowing 1/4 inch seam allowance. It still fit funny and it also made the godets in the bottom of the skirt too small looking but there was no help for that!!
Soooo, if you sew, and buy simplicity pattern 4721, DO NOT lengthen it where they say!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment