Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Last weekend

Friday morning some ladies from the church decided to go to Mystery Hill in Boone, while their husbands were fishing in Cherokee. I had never been, and it really was neat.


Me n Shelby at the awful hour of 7:30 am. I woke up at 6:15 to get ready. I dont know exactly why, because it doesnt take but about 30 min to get ready, but up I was,....wow, I even smiled... I dont remember that!!!


1 gallon of coffee later.......

This poor feller had been at Mystery Hill A LONG time. He was in the history part of Mystery Hill.

Shelby in the black light room.

This was the vortex room. Due to the angle, and the "high magnetic pull to the north" it was really crazy feeling. this swing would swing all by itself, there was a ball that rolled uphill( you can see the ball track above shelbys head), water that ran uphill, and if you leaned on the back wall it felt as if you were being sucked in.

Shelby in a bubble, we always knew she was a little airheaded



Outside Mast general Store in the back was this neat thing. No, NOT the house, the big ole cave in the rock. Do you see it?? I need to find out about that... is it part of a mine? I was soooo tempted to just start hiking up, but the coffee had worn off, and I just did not have the ooomph to go.

The men had fun too, they caught over 20 trout, and lost 2 transmissions!!!!:o

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Bruce and I went there when we honeymooned. It was fun, huh? I think if I had been with you, I could have talked you into hiking to that cave. The picture peaked my interest. So....when shall we go??

Ruh Roh on the transmissions! That's terrible. Two of them???? WOW I hope it didn't ruin their trip.

~Kristi