As I said before, we really are not getting to spend much time together as a family, so we took a family day and went to South Mountain. Its been about a year since we went, and with all the rain we have had, the water level was much higher. It was breathtaking. Places where the falls were just a trickle last year are really gushing this time.
Neat little cave between fallen rocks
We took the dog, as he LOVES the water, and loves to romp through the woods. We went to our favorite jump in places, and of course Shelby was ever on the lookout for crawdads, and bugs and such, so EVERY shallow rocky area had to be explored.
Shelby was not very happy at this point, the water was freezing and she could not lift herself up on the log!! Of course Dad helped, AFTER laughing a little!!
My Honey!!
The water was REALLY REALLY cold, so there was no way on earth I was getting in! We had planned a picnic lunch but after about 3 hours of swimming and hiking we decided to go home and eat tacos instead!
1 comment:
HEY! I see you haven't posted anything since the 11th of June. I'm assuming you're getting settled in down there in Savannah???? :)
The pictures of South Mountain were funny. Love the log pictures. Looks like a great time. You know, I don't think we've ever been to South Mountain. I know I haven't. Don't know about the kids or Bruce. But we def have not been as a family. I'll have to mention it to Bruce one of these days.
Lemme know how you're getting along down there in one of my favorite cities! If I could, I would purchase one of those homes in the Historic district and ride a horse and buggy everywhere I went. LOL
~Kristi
Post a Comment