Wednesday, October 21, 2009

More pictures

The kids from the neighborhood seem to congregate here a few afternoons a week. They play football, and it runs from 6-12 kids at any given time. I try to get names as they are coming and going,but that feels like a losing battle at times. 1 boy leaves and 2 more with their friends show up in his place. At least they are in MY yard, I know what my kids are doing and they seem to have fun.

Shelby is beading with a bead loom.


Shelby and her friend "A" from across the street. " A" is 12 and she and Shelby are constantly making things, here they are using 3-D chalk to decorate the sidewalk. "A"s brother "E" is helping out.




It was my Moms 70th birthday so we decided to surprise her.She had no idea that we were coming. I got on the phone with my sister ,Sharon, and asked her to plan a day with mom so that she would take Saturday off. It has been about a year since I have seen Sharon and the boys. I was amazed at how they had grown!! Let's put this into perspective here, from right to left we have Justin (13), Griffin (13), Jaren (12), Nana, Parker (11), Grant (16) and Shelby (10) in the front.
Griffin and Justin are only 1 month apart in age,
Nana is 5'11,
Parker is smack between Jaren and Shelby in age, Grant is 16.
Them 'er sum bigguns'!!!!!
They are all incredibly smart, and are in advanced classes at school.
Parker and Shelby found they both love to draw and create.
We had loads of fun with them, the kids seemed to enjoy each other, and of course I had fun visiting with my sister and Mom.




My Moms dog Gabby. She is supposed to be a beagle, but she reminds of the book "The Dog that ate the Watermelon", she really does look like she swallowed a watermelon!!




I really liked this sign!!! It was in the foyer of Calvary Baptist where Jon's parents go to church.



2 comments:

Kristi said...

ha haaaaaaaaa!!! Your mom's dog DOES look like it swallowed a watermellon. That is hilarious.

Tell Shelby that 3D chalks works best on a black top. :D

~Kristi

Susan said...

I will let her know.