I am SOOOO frustrated!!!!
This past weekend was Shelby's birthday and I took a ton of pictures. So many funny things happened. Then last night when I went to take pictures of her opening her gifts from us, the camera was not working right, so I hit a button. It said format. It went and deleted ALL the pictures I had taken over the weekend!! ARGHHHH stupid camera.
We did end up having lots of fun. She had a few friends over, and we surprised her with a friend from NC, who got to spend the weekend. They all stayed over Friday night, and on Saturday we went to the town parade.
It was pretty standard,
With 2 exceptions....
There was a Georgia Pacific float which hands out paper-towel rolls to the adults ( from what I understand it is usually toilet paper rolls, hehehe) and about 2 floats later, we saw a gen-you-ine rolling outhouse, complete with license tags from many states,and a satellite receiver!!!
I laughed so hard picturing THAT rolling behind the guys handing out toilet paper!!!
We took the girls mud boggin' and dirt hill climbin' behind our subdivision which they loved!! Especially when we hit a bump hard enough to toss Shelby off the back of the truck and straight into a mud pile!!!!! NAW, Shelby, your daddy wouldn't do that on purpose!!!!
Gracie hung out the back of the truck with a bee bee gun, the girls were covered in mud and muck, so we figured we would take them to the swimming hole to splash around. It was too deep, and too cold so we sent the dog in, and we hiked upriver a little. Then decided to go pick(ahem...steal) cotton. The fields here have been harvested, so there's just tufts here and there, with a few wads on the ground. Jon then told the girls they would have to hurry since we were stealing it, and the owners might start shooting pellet guns at us, they giggled and laughed and scooped up as much off the ground as they could!!
They asked me to quickly make them little pillows and they de-seeded the cotton and stuffed pillows to take home!!
On Monday we gave her the presents from us. She got LOTS of books, I made her a pink and purple tie dyed shaggy snuggie ( she wanted one 'cause she gets cold when she reads, but wants her arms free), a totally nasty science kit (that is what it's called), and she is already growing mold and bacteria specimens in petri dishes from her critters.
Her favorite was an electric scooter. We bought pink, and the boys only want to ride it if it's dark out, or all their friends are in school.
Even Jon enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment