Thursday, February 4, 2010

Goings Ons

Well,
Things have been rather dull around the Douglass home lately. We are on a scheduled winter break from school, and I am really ready for it to begin again!!! Jon's position has changed, so he travels back and forth to corporate in Atlanta once a week, then he also has to visit the bases in Columbia, Charleston, and FT Benning. It means he is away from home overnight 1 to 2 days a week. We are earnestly praying that Lord will fix that. We sorta like to have him home!!! The church we are attending is almost an hour away and it is all back roads! That makes it hard to get very involved, and that just does not sit well with us. We are looking avidly for a home that is closer to the church.
Today the Lord answered one our little prayers. You see, someone gave us a moped. It is a high-end kind of thing so have been trying to sell it on CraigsList. About the time we started getting interested buyers, we lost the key. Now, it's not just any key, it has a microchip in it, so it was going to cost close to $200 to get a new one made. ARGHHHH!!!!!
Well, God let it be cold enough here that my kids wanted the put their hats and gloves on to ride bikes, lo and behold, it was wrapped up in one of the hats with the gloves!!! Thank you,Lord! For caring even about the little things.
So, that's all we are doing now. I am on a culotte making spree, cutting, sewing, ripping out what I've sewn, sewing again...Shelby-Jean has officially worn out all her other culottes so this is a necessary evil.
Anyways... hopefully I will have pictures next time and something exciting to blog about.

2 comments:

Jud said...

"Small" answers to prayer - A few years ago, David Wright (School Principal now) was working at a company and he was out in a field of mud. He was sitting in his truck and had some hot chili. Except, he forgot to pack a spoon. His boss called him to the other side of the mud field. He prayed, "Lord, I need a spoon." While walking across the muddy field, he "stumbled" across a Wendy's spoon, still in it's wrapper. Praise God that He even cares about the little things!

Kristi said...

He really does care about the little things. Sometimes even before we ask Him. I'm thankful I serve a true and LIVING God!!

~Kristi