Sunday, August 22, 2010

Family Gathering

Busy,busy days.
The company Jon and I worked for went belly up, so he had to get a new job. He will be starting with Valley Crest soon, AND we started doing property preservations again. You know, when a home is bank owned, we go out and take pictures, mow the grass, fix windows, clean out the debris. Its busy work (and sometimes nasty), and a lot of time is spent trying to figure out the different rules for the different lenders.
His job with VC is actually about and hour from here, so he will be travelling a good bit. I do think we found a really good church to be part of. We will probably put the kids in the school there, and the preaching is great. Have you ever heard the song " When the Spirit Called I got up and went" I don't know of its the actual name but it was a wonderful song the youth choir sang about going to the altar when the Lord moves you to!

So we have been busy around here. Took another trip to my moms to clean up the mess we made, and help her fix some things that she cant. We cleaned out all her cabinets and her closets and garage, while we were there her REALLY old washer and dryer went out so we were there to help her get a new one in. She also decided she wanted a new couch and Jon got to play delivery man! She certainly got her retail therapy accomplished while we were there!

At home, Jon put up a small round tree swing for the kids. Shelby is not dumb! She grabbed the extra pool ladder and found she could go MUCH higher!!



Friday began with me finding out that Mom, Dad, Dustin,Jennifer the girls, Jeannie Lea and James would be there for the night, and David and Michelle would be there for dinner with everyone ! Well, circumstances happen as they do and only David , Michelle, and Jeannie Lea were there to eat the huge pot of spaghetti I made! That was alright, guess what everyone got to have Saturday when they made it!!! Spaghetti and Hotdogs ( for those of us who were sick of spaghetti:)

We played cards, and spoons and WII.... and waited for my nephew James to get in from TN.


This was our improvised version of the game spoons. It gets quite violent, and after several long gouges in the table we used wadded up papertowels on a pillow case. I think everyone ended up with fingernail scars on their hands!!!



Jaren Jon and Michelle were in the running for winner, and Jaren lost out!


Guess which place Jon came in? Poor baby! He doesn't look too sad does he?


And of course no night is done until we have our family WII Bowl-OFF ( I don't remember who won but it was not me!!)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday everyone made it. Mom, Dad, Jennifer,Dustin and the girls, David ,Michelle, Jeannie-Lea, and James. We just had a great time visiting and cuttin' up.

I put Jennifer to work, heheheheh


It was great having Jeannie-Lea and James.
He looks just like he did the last time I saw him. Just bigger


There was singin'


and some card playin'



Diana and Destiny played in the pool





First Jeannie-Lea tried the little round tree swing! She was NOT jumping from where Shelby does!



Then she found a swing she enjoyed a little more


Everyone played volleyball ( 'cept me Mom, Shelby n the Baby)



Shelby got to hold Jaelynn


I just love when everyone comes over. We always have so much fun together that we wonder why we don't do it more often!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Looks like a great time!! :)

~Kristi