Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Track Hunters

These are pictures of some tracks Jaren found in our front yard this morning.I didn't think to take a picture of the actual track and didn't make the cast right so it cracked. Too big for a dog, or bobcat. Its about 4.5" across and about 4 " long.It looks like a cougar, you cant see the "heel" line, but its about half way up the bottom.I could be wrong, there are supposedly no more Cougars in NC.
We were excited and promptly headed out throught the woods towards the creek to see if we could find a better track. No such luck, although we did find some Possum tracks, Otter tracks and maybe a small bear track. It was fun watching and listening for unusual sounds. It was funny because Shelby kept hearing and seeing things(well, so did I) and Jaren came to the startling revelation that Mom and Dad wern't crazy, there is a reason they can't go in the woods alone, there are "things" out there. Of course, Jaren had his bb gun for our protection ;) and Shelby made drawings of the tracks we found. I, of course, was paranoid about poison ivy(been there, done that), picked off the ticks, and generally watched for big critters. I love living where we can get out like that, there are about 30 acres of woods and creeks behind our house, it's a great place to explore.Have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy your services on Sunday, I know I will.

2 comments:

Starla said...

AHHHHHHH!!!

Kristi said...

Sounds exciting and mysterious! I wonder what it could have been?

~Kristi