Saturday, July 5, 2008

Family Day

Wow, we had a great weekend. Jon had Friday off so we decided to have a family day. We started early to Carowinds. I would never have imagined there would be that many people. It was almost disgusting. I guess with Jon owning his own business and setting his own schedule, combined with home-schooling, we have become used to fewer people. I don't like crowds much and neither do Jon or the kids. Soooo, we cut that trip short. We did have a really nice picnic in a shaded grassy area of the parking lot and plan to have another picnic soon.The people watching was fun.There were ALOT of people to watch. Some really strange people..
We went from there to Pizza Hut, I am on a low carb eating plan and that about killed me. Pizza Hut thincrust pepperoni is a delicacy to me, but the Lord is good, He helped me stick to my salad and the inside of my sandwich!! From there we went to my Brother-in -laws house. Praise the Lord, He answers prayer. They had been praying for a bigger home for awhile and this one literally seemed to fall out of His hands into theirs. They have 6 children under the age of 8, and this new home is almost twice as big as their other home. Unfortunately they were not there, so we wandered around the outside of the house, then went on to our other family. Our church family was having a fellowship at the Pastors home, and we spent the rest of the evening with them. The kids had a great time playing in the rain, we played a rousing game of volleyball with a giant dayglo ball, and set off some fireworks when the rain stopped. All in all, it was a great 4th of July.

3 comments:

Starla said...

We have something in common. I don't like big crowds either.

Kristi said...

Yes, D & M's home is GREAT!! I am so glad they were able to get out of that other house. They really did need something bigger. I know the kiddies will be glad to have more elbow room. LOL

~Kristi

Kristi said...

Oh yeah...about the people watching...I LOVE to do that. There really are some interesting people out there. LOL

~Kristi