Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lil' Booger!!

As I said in my first post(i think) i originally intended to do more of a family history, hence the name, Boogers in the Woodpile. We all have them. Some funny, some not so funny. Well, I love researching things, and found a possible booger in my family woodpile. His name was Henry Laird. He was born in SC in 1821. From what I learned he met Sarah Ann Long,she was part indian. He quite possibly had married two of her sisters,(she called them her sisters to other family members, but i have not researched this yet) both who died, and Sarahs father would not give permission for them to marry. So Henry, his brother William and a friend ( wesley rogers)kidnapped Sarah and took her away to be married. One story has William and Wesley arrested, and one has them moving away toward Texas. As i said, we've all got Boogers in there somewhere!!!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow, I would love to hear the rest of THIS story. Get to researchin'!!

~Kristi

Joshua L. Douglass said...

Yea, I would really like to hear about this one!!!

Susan said...

My ancestors are from Upstate SC and northeastern GA. Maybe we're related?! LOL

I love to track down ancestors and their stories!