Well, it's done. All the way until the end I was missing one little piece at the top and it was driving me nuts!!I tend to want to fill in any holes and that one just wasn't going to be found. We had moved the puzzle several times around the house so I was sure it had been lost, but, it was there, I was just sooo happy. Today I take Jaren to a Dr.'s appt. and after I will stop by Walmart to pick up some Mod Podge to seal it(is there any other way? Does anyone know?). Then it will be framed and hung. Yesterday I took the cutest set of pictures. The kids were playing Sorry Card Revenge and Shelby was losing every hand pretty badly, Jon was sitting in his chair watching, Next thing you know the three playing had grown to four and Jon was on the floor with the kids "helping" Shelby.( they were playing for the chance to get out of the doing the dinner dishes, so this last game was pretty important)Then, the cat joined in. He REALLY does not like that talking red piece, and usually attacks it,but ended up laying just far enough across from Shelby to look like he was playing as well, then the dog joined the game. Jon, Justin, Jaren, Shelby, Oreo, and Finnegan were all in a perfect circle around that obnoxious red talking piece. BUT, the pictures I took just were not to be. SOOO, you will just have to believe me when I say it was rather cute. My father in law is back in the states with some amazing stories, MANY accepted salvation in Africa, but I'll save that for a new post.
A wonderful pastor I know said of his family tree " Leave my family tree alone!I know there's a booger in the woodpile somewhere and I don't want to know who it is!!" I found that so amusing that 8 years later I still giggle! So, come along as I find the "boogers" in my family, and I learn a few things along the way.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Well, it's done. All the way until the end I was missing one little piece at the top and it was driving me nuts!!I tend to want to fill in any holes and that one just wasn't going to be found. We had moved the puzzle several times around the house so I was sure it had been lost, but, it was there, I was just sooo happy. Today I take Jaren to a Dr.'s appt. and after I will stop by Walmart to pick up some Mod Podge to seal it(is there any other way? Does anyone know?). Then it will be framed and hung. Yesterday I took the cutest set of pictures. The kids were playing Sorry Card Revenge and Shelby was losing every hand pretty badly, Jon was sitting in his chair watching, Next thing you know the three playing had grown to four and Jon was on the floor with the kids "helping" Shelby.( they were playing for the chance to get out of the doing the dinner dishes, so this last game was pretty important)Then, the cat joined in. He REALLY does not like that talking red piece, and usually attacks it,but ended up laying just far enough across from Shelby to look like he was playing as well, then the dog joined the game. Jon, Justin, Jaren, Shelby, Oreo, and Finnegan were all in a perfect circle around that obnoxious red talking piece. BUT, the pictures I took just were not to be. SOOO, you will just have to believe me when I say it was rather cute. My father in law is back in the states with some amazing stories, MANY accepted salvation in Africa, but I'll save that for a new post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awww, I bet that would have been a funny picture of them all in circle. It sounds funny anyway.
:)
Glad you found your puzzle piece. That would have driven me nuts too. It looks great. So did you say this was going in YOUR room or Shelby's? Can't remember.
To answer your question, we have not seen daddy have another odd episode. I believe he was having seizures and when I "researched" it on the Internet I found that seizures are very common just after a stroke. So, Lord willing, he has stopped those.
~Kristi
Beautiful puzzle!!! I have a puzzle of the civil war that I would love to get framed. I can't wait to hear your father-in-law's stories from Africa.
What a beautiful puzzle!! Im sure there are lots of fun memories in the putting together of that puzzle!
Post a Comment