Another busy week in our house has come to a halt. Last Tuesday we decided to use our Carowinds passes possibly for the last time. That was the last week they were open, now its just open on weekends and I'm not sure if we will make it( too many people). It started out great. We were laughing and carrying on in Jon's truck when a few miles down I 485 it sputtered and died. Now, his truck is a gas hog, so we watch the meter closely and it SAID we had gas, but obviously something was wrong with the gas gauge because it was clearly out of gas. We could almost see the next exit a few miles down the road, but we called Mr Rescue instead. It is a service we get with our cell phones. We figured it would take a little less time for them to show up with gas, than it would for us to hike a few miles down the road, and back again. The problem was we were on a quick moving interstate under an overpass and Jon was afraid if someone lost control and we were in the truck then we would have a REALLY big problem. He promptly unloaded us all and shooed us up the over pass to a little ledge on the road up there. Then, on over to the road where we could look down and see Mr rescue show up, but we were completely out of traffic. Guess what?? I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't like heights. And I certainly don't like looking down from a little perch seeing semi trucks fly by us at 75 mph. Just the thought of having to go back down that steep slope was absolutely terrifying. Unfortunately there was no way Jon was leaving me on a deserted road outside Charlotte so he could figure out how to get back up the interstate, find our little side road and come get me. I HAD to return the way I came. Now, those who know me well, know that I don't panic easily. I'm sorta calm about most things. This day and situation would blow that perception completly out of the water. I was not calm, cool, collected. I went stark raving mad!!!He was wonderful, patient, and didn't laugh at my hysterics too much!!!I did make it, the kids had NO problems and thought it was great adventure.They also thought their Momma went a little nutso for awhile, but that was okay too. As you can see from the pictures we made it to Carowinds. Had a great time. I actually rode 1 roller coaster and then sat out so I could take pictures of the rest. I decided I had had enough excitement for one day. We played and laughed, and then went to one of Jon's accounts to plant flowers. The kids liked that too until they learned that the fertilizer they were using was manure, and exactly what manure was. Hehehehe, it's fun to hold information like that back until they are elbows deep in it :)
Shelby enjoys riding with Dad
Bubba stayed in the lead. He was thrilled to have beat his father!!
Then came the coasters. I have ridden all but one, and have no intentions of riding that particular one. It actually has you laying down, then flips you over so you are flying superman style. Jon and the kids are in the front of all of them. Even Shelby loves the roller coasters.
Finally, it was time to cool off. They slid down in the tubes. Played in the waves. Rode the soaker boat...
2 comments:
We never made it to Carowinds this year. Looks like y'all had a lot of fun!
~Kristi
What a great place! I love roller coasters so much those ones look like a ton of fun!!
Post a Comment