Monday, August 11, 2008

Fighting Lions

I had to laugh. With my time on the computer limited I neglected a very important thing about lions/Satan. How do I fight it?
I guess I'll start by saying the nature of lions is to never be satisfied. They will feast on fallen prey all the while looking for something a little livelier, something that has been wounded, but is still live and kicking.
Satan knows when we are wounded. He knows when the roots of bitterness have sprung up in us, and that is hurting our fellowship with the Lord. Satan knows when our feelings have been hurt, or we are feeling the pinch of rebellion, and that is exactly what he is looking for. He is slowly devouring those Christians who have fallen away from God, all the while just waiting for a chance at another one who isn't quite that bad off.
Lions also are sneaky about it. They lie in wait. They give their prey a chance to settle down and get comfortable before they attack. There was a video that showed a trainer in a lions pen and the lion was just as calm as ever, letting the trainer pet him, the lion was just a- purring and then, WHAM, he bit the trainer in the face when he wasn't expecting it.
The devil does the same thing. He lets us get close, so we don't even think he's there. He allows us to get settled, comfortable and complacent then he attacks.
But the question is how do I fight him? How do I fight a creature so much more powerful than I am? Samson killed a lion with his bare hands. So did David. But the key is found in Judges 14:6. It says the Spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him. Samson did not do it himself!! In I Samuel 17:37 David recounts the time when he too fought a lion. He said the Lord delivered him!!We can't fight lions alone, and we can't fight the devil on our own. But the Spirit of Lord lives in those who are saved and HE will fight for us!!
If you talk to animal experts they tell you if a lion is stalking you
1) DO NOT RUN!!!Never ever run, he will chase you, and he will catch you!!
2) Stand as straight and tall as you can. Plant your feet and hold your ground. This show the lion you're not afraid, that you know you are bigger and more powerful, and as he has to look UP into your face he believes it as well, and he will turn and run.
Wow, how amazing is that!! That applies to us as Christians as well. IF the devil is attacking, don't you turn and run!!He will get a victory!! Stand your ground, know where you are supposed to be, call upon the Lord and watch and see what that devil does!! He knows he is no match for the Lord, and won't take Him on in a fight. He will turn and run from you.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Great points, indeed!

~Kristi

Aja-Bear said...

Thats really good. Thanks for posting.

Starla said...

Great post!!!! When you talked about standing it made me think of Ephesians 6:13. "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

Tiffany said...

Great post!