Monday, August 25, 2008

A no picture post

Ok, I've been a bad blogger. I took no pictures of some very special times. After returning from Table Rock, we had a visit from my brother in law Joshua. We haven't seen him in awhile, so it was good to visit even for a short while. He is going through some unbelievable battles, so he and his family could use all the prayers they could get.If you want to read more about it you can click on his blog on my list.
Then on Wednesday night Jon was asked to preach. Our pastor was not in town, so he had asked him a few days earlier to be ready. Boy was he ever. I know I am a little biased, and I should be. He is MY husband after all, but it was the best I have ever heard him. He had a wonderful message planned out about how you know if you are following Jesus, and it went just great. I think he was a little excited, as we had a missionary from the Philippines who was wonderful. He was very excited about his ministry and it just bubbled out of him. His name was Jess Cawili. Jon also let me know a few hours before service that I would be singing a solo. I have never sung a solo in church before.Or anywhere else!!! It was terrifying, but the Lord is good. He got me through it.
Then to cap it all off, on Thursday we learned that my mother-in law, brother and sister-in law and my niece would be staying the night. They were coming in from Tennessee, and were trying to avoid the storms going through Florida.I have not had the opportunity to see my niece in about 10 years. She is 17 now and absolutely beautiful. She was probably one of the most gracious and friendly teenagers I have ever met.It was wonderful visiting with them. Hey, remember how I said one time my niece was the first Baby I had ever held?? That was her. Jeannie-Lea.
But, naughty as I am, I have not taken the first picture. I got so caught up in the happenings that I did not give the camera a thought.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Yes, in order to reach the next level of the blogsphere, you must learn to have that camera strapped to your wrist at ALL times!

I'm sure your solo was wonderful. What did you sing?

~Kristi

Susan said...

Sorry, no wrist strap yet, ill be sure to put in a request, although I still may forget to use it!!
I sang the Ron Hamilton song, Father Lead Me.

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog.
Thank you for sharing some much with us.
At least this way we can keep in touch.
Love you,
Mama Birt

Starla said...

Sounds like you have been having some wonderful things happening.