Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Wreath is Done

This is the material I used for the wreath. It takes about 3 yards of fabric and I got this for $1.00 a yard at walmart. I love the plaid. I thought it would make a cute fall skirt for Shelby and I tried not to use all of it, but there is not quite enough left for the skirt. It was the last on the bolt ,too. Oh, well.


This is the end result. I may stick a little pumpkin in it later on.

This is the table stuff I got the other day while shopping. Somewhere in storage is the rest of my fall decor. My sister had bought me some things a few years ago, and I had made some things in ceramics. I am hopng I'll be able to dig them out soon.

So, 1 project down. It only took a little while, and it was alot of fun. You just cut about 3 yards of material into 3 " squares and poke them into a foam wreath with a little screw driver.

6 comments:

Starla said...

Beautiful wreath!!!!

Melting Away said...

Oh Susan, that wreath is just beautiful. Great job.

We're praying for Brother Douglass and family.

~Kristi

Amy said...

Wow! That's a neat but simple wreath to make. Thanks for sharing it. Did you put the material all the way around the wreath? or just in front?

~Amy

Susan said...

This particular foam wreath had a flat back , so I just put around the front and sides. I have seen them made all the way around though.

Unknown said...

I am so grateful Bro Dave and the others were released. Your fall wreath is beautiful.
Lisa

Meghan said...

You are always very creative. The wreath looks great!

~Meghan