Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Little of Everything


I guess it's been a few days, so I will have to backtrack. I left off last Wednesday, with a new program starting. It was great again last night! Jon is so good at talking with young people.



On Sunday our Pastor and his whole family were VERY sick. So, Jon got to preach Sunday morning and Sunday evening. It's alot when he has to lead the music, too. His poor voice was hoarse by Sunday night when it came time to preach! In the morning he preached on Thou God seest me and is my hightower. In the evening he preached on He will do what it takes. It was such a blessing to hear him. Of course, I happen to think he is the best, most blessed, most spirit touched preacher in the world.



On Thursday, Friday, and Monday we had a cleanout on a house. Usually it only takes 1 day, but this place was so packed it took all day Thursday just to separate the junk from the good stuff. Then a full 16 ft moving truck to remove the good stuff and 3 full truck and trailer loads of debris for the landfill on Friday. It also took ALL DAY Friday to clean. It was a big house and it had not been cleaned in YEARS!!!Literally. 1/2 gallon of 409, 1/2 gallon of windex, 3 rolls of paper towels, 1 gallon of bleach, etc.... was used. Jon laughed at me, it's my job to clean the inside, and his to clean the outside, and it took almost 2 hours to clean 1 bathroom!!It was NASTY!!!!He finally finished the lawn work on Monday.All the kids got poison ivy, but not nearly as bad as last time.Once again Shelby's is on her face, but at least it is not so swollen.
House Cleaning Pictures, Images and Photoshouse cleaning Pictures, Images and Photos


Saturday the kids had soccer. They WON!!!! Yeah!!!!GO MIGHTY ADMIRALS!!I was ill, so I did not go. Just a 24 hour bug. It came and left.



Tomorrow Jon has another house to cleanout, but Shelby and I will not be going. It is in a really bad neighborhood, and he has to paint over the graffiti on the outside and board up all the windows and doors so the gangs don't get in.He figures if he goes early in the morning all the gang member will be sleeping, so there are no worries, but he does not want me or Shelby anywhere near there.



Yesterday i babysat my nieces and nephews, it was alot of fun. I was only there for a few hours, and we had a great time.


So, there it is. Once again, I took no pictures, except the after pictures of the house. Those just are not very interesting.







2 comments:

Kristi said...

I don't know....I always liked Jon best when he couldn't talk. lol hehe...be sure to tell him I said that.

Daddy and I got lost in Charlotte in a really bad neighborhood like you described. I was sooooo scared!

~Kristi

Meghan said...

Don't you ever sit down? LOL... Thanks again for keeping the kids for me.

~Meghan