Monday, October 27, 2008

What a wonderful, busy, crazy week!!I dont remember too much about Monday and Tuesday. They seem so long ago.

Wednesday was church of course and what a great night it was. I had to laugh, on week 1 of Young men in Demand and Denim and Lace, we had a whopping 4 kids!!(3 were mine!)On week 2 we just about doubled with 7 attending the program. Now week 3 had come and we doubled again!! We had 14 come. It was so exciting, i was about to bust!!We had a great time, and learned alot.



Youth rally was great, too! It was Thursday night Friday night, and Saturday all day long.

On Thursday I was running around ragged trying to get house stuff done. I needed to go to the store, get home and fix dinner. Since we needed to leave by 5:30 to get to church I had to plan to eat early. As Shelby and I were preparing to go to the store, Jon called and told me to take Shelby and get our hair cut. it was already 12:30 and while I was thrilled by his thoughtfulness, I quickly became a nervous wreck!! how exactly was THAT going to fit in, how did I want it cut( its been about 3 months) and how did Shelby want hers done??? She has been making noise about having a little of the length cut, maybe to just below her shoulders. She cant reach it in the back, and its very thick.She just about had a panic attack when she realized she would have to decide in the 30 minutes it took us to get to the stylist.
She ended up staying long, with a few layers. The Lord is good!! Somewhere through that afternoon He stuck in an extra hour and everything got done with time to spare.

Friday I finished preparing for our family to arrive and stuff like that. We were so happy to see them. It was Mom and Dad Douglass, Joshua( my brother -in -law)and Jeannie-Lea my niece( Davids oldest daughter) They got in about 9:30 that night.I have missed them so much. We ate chocolate pie and apple dump cake.MMMM

Saturday was busy, busy, busy!!! The kids had soccer at 9 and youth rally from 10:30-??? I dropped them off at the rally then went home to gather what I needed to bring. There was preaching and singing and skits until 1, then eating until 2, then games until 5. Then more singing and preaching, then more eating. We ended up leaving about 9:30.The kids had no voices on Sunday and were completely exhausted.We tried to sing in church, and truly only the lord could have found it beautiful!!!

Dad preached in our church Sunday morning and we went to hear him at another church Sunday night. Then they went back to Florida. it was wonderful to see them, and we sure will miss them.


1 comment:

Kristi said...

You are so funny!! I loved reading this post.
I'm glad you had a good time with your family in town.

~Kristi