As I sit working on the kids computer, I am amazed at far I have come. Computer-wise.We didn't own a computer until about 1998-1999, and we were amazed. All we had was dial up, and it seemed fine, until someone else showed us high speed....the grass is always greener.. right?
When we moved up here we were so far out of the city we didn't get cell service unless we stood on our roof, so it was still dial up. We just had become used to it. Now we have (or had) 2 computers, and Jon's was a laptop. It was getting old and cranky, but it still worked fine. It seemed a little slow to us even though we had advanced to high speed, But now, well ,we really just didn't appreciate that little computer enough. We are trying to use the kid's computer for everything and although it has high speed, it is SLOW, yes all caps SLOW. If we try to add the programs we need to open Jon's work on his hard drive the silly thing just locks up. On every step.
Still I am thankful we have it. It is working okay as a back up ....
Yesterday we had a surprise visit from Daniel and Meghan and the kids. I think they intended to just stop by for a second on their way to the park, and after awhile the kids decided our house was MUCH more fun. All the kids played outside while we watched for what seemed like forever, Shelby and Haili began a fort of some sort, I think it consisted of white lattice, 2 small toddler pools, a fence pole and lots of mud. All the kids except Ethan and Malachi were helping. Malachi thought it great fun to terrorize his parents by climbing as high as he could in the trees, and Ethan just sorta toddled around eating the dog food, and playing with the pooper scooper. Meghan was THRILLED. Joseph loaded many play guns and shot us all several times before shooting the "DEER" in the pasture behind our house. ( they were really horses)
Finally everyone was starved so we ordered pizza, and watched Marley and Me. Cute movie. Had some parts they could have left out, but cute none the less. During the movie, Ethan and Joseph played, Malachi played playstation ,Alanna watched the movie with Justin and Jaren while Shelby and Haili continued to fine tune the mud fort.
It was a wonderful time and we really enjoyed visiting with them.
No pictures , i forgot.
I couldn't upload them on this computer anyways...
1 comment:
We didn't own a computer until 2005! And it was gave to me, then my uncle gave me a new computer tower that same year and it was better. I want to watch Marley and Me. That is the problem with movies, they have to have bad parts because they think it makes it better. That is so lame.
Post a Comment