Saturday, May 2, 2009

Jaren is 12

Well, in the midst of my moving chaos, my middle baby turned 12. It is so sad, well, not really. I love watching each new stage of my childrens growth, and maturity.(HA)

Thursday night he asked if he could stay up till midnight so he would be awake when he actually turned 12. Of course I said yes,and this is what he did with his time...

He has been alive :4,380 days; 105,120 hours; 6,307,200 min; 378,432,000sec; 37,843,200,000 millisec.

He invited a few friends over last night, I sent Shelby off with a friend so I was the lone female in a house full of preteen/teen boys, talk about testoterone shock! Jon is still in Savannah and should be home tonight, maybe i will have recovered by then.


I woke up ( well, got up is more accurate) and found these in the middle of my dining room floor. I'm really not sure I WANT to know why they are there, whose they are, and I am just thankful I was in my room when they were put there...


They played capture the flag, flag football, basketball, ps3 , ps2 and wii (i will be airing out the house later...)One young man told me he did not want to go outside to play with the others, he was 'very happy' playing the ps3, and if he 'went outside when it above 70 degrees he would sweat', and thats not a good thing, so he would 'just stay inside.'..I politely informed him that sweating was good, God intended your body to sweat, and he could stay in if he wanted BUT the games were being turned off,... he went outside and sweated with the rest of them and actually laughed and played and seemed to have fun!... the things they do to play video games...

I took some pictures of some old pictures to show you a little bit of him when he was little.( i cant work the scanner)

He was adorable, VERY snuggly, and VERY grumpy.It was not colic, he slept great. In fact the only thing that seemed to satisfy him sometimes was to lay him in his bed and leave him alone. He would calm right down and fall fast asleep. He always slept through the night, and we usually had to wake him to keep him somewhat on a schedule.
We saw THIS face ALOT!


And this one, he was VERY serious, and most pictures we have of him, he has almost an apprehensive look on his face. What is fuuny is that he really had no fear of ANYTHING, not bugs, not the dark, not storms, he jumped, climbed, ran FULL force all the time.
He loved hats, OF ANY KIND!!


he was happy, loved to play..


He is a wonderful wonderful son, and I am so proud of him!!

2 comments:

Starla said...

Awww cute photos.

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday, Jaren! Hope you had a good one. I can't believe you're 12~ WOW

Looks like a fun party.

~Kristi