Sunday, June 8, 2008

If at first....


Well, this is my third post, but the first you will ever see. I just couldn't seem to get it right. So, after several days of nagging from a friend:)I decided to just buckle down and begin, again. Let me introduce my little family. I have a wonderful husband, JON, who is perfect. Well, perfect for me anyways. The Lord has also blessed me with 3 beautiful children. You notice I didn't call them perfect. They are all boogers, as kids are supposed to be!! No, really, my children are Wonderful, with a big, bright capital W. The oldest, Justin, is 12. He is standing in the middle. Jaren is the second oldest and is 11, and Shelby falls in third at 9. In fact, Shelby is the reason I'm posting today. She had a vicious argument with a Poison Ivy vine. You can guess who lost. I personally have never had Poison Ivy, and have only seen it on my husbands ankles. I did not recognize the little spots and lines under her chin Thursday night, and by Friday, the whole left side of her face was red and swollen. Her poor eye was swollen almost shut, so off to the Doctor we went. 1 shot, and 2 prescriptions later, she was feeling some better. Today it seems to have migrated over her nose, and the other eye is puffy. So, I get to put on my nurses hat this morning. Such is life with kids. Out of respect for her wishes, I won't post a picture, she's VERY self-conscious about it. Well, welcome to my family.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Nagging? I believe encouraging is the correct word to use!
;)

Be sure to tell Shelby how the tip of my nose looks like a crusty mess from my procedure Friday. I'm a little self conscious about that myself. Maybe she and I should just hide out together for a while.

~Kristi

Susan said...

Well, whatever it was, THANKS. I guess I just needed a jump start.How is your nose? AND your Arm?

Kristi said...

Well, I accidentally pulled off half the blister crust (gross I know) off of my nose while I was sleeping. So it's really raw and sore today. BUT! I'll be all right.
My arm is doing much better. I got the biopsy back on it and it was good. So, PTL for that!

~Kristi