Thursday, July 17, 2008

6 quirky things about me...

Ok, I've been tagged by Kristi over at http://www.thimblethoughts.blogspot.com/ here are the rules.


1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2.Mention the rules.
3.Tell 6 quirky, yet boring unspectacular details about myself.
4.Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them.
5.Go to each persons blog and let them know they have been tagged.

OK,

* I like some foods that others may consider strange. Boiled okra, Parmesan mayonnaise and onions broiled on little toasts, and my daddy's favorite, Peanut Butter and ketchup on a ritz cracker!!(Peanut butter and bacon is not too bad either)


*I can't stand to have things near my face. Blankets, air, hair, other faces...Jon thinks that's great fun...


*Jon thinks I think up strange names for pets. Bremen, Coglin, Dougal, Finnegan, Alanon,Paithen I also tend to name the fish we catch...Charlie or Fred are nice names for dinner..


* I don't like noise. I am perfectly content to live in silence with no background noise. I travel to Fl to see my mom a few times a year and only for the kids do I put on the CDs we have . When they watch their dvd players I usually turn all the music off, and ride in silence. I don't really even want to talk to anyone.When Jon takes the kids somewhere and leaves me home, all noise leaves.Ahhh blessed silence...


*I find it impossible to read the Bible straight through. I tend to rabbit trail off of whatever I am reading. I love my Scofield because it makes it easy to do that. I start in a chapter and before long I want to know more about 'that' word or 'that subject', next thing I'm traveling all through the Bible on a variety of thought lines... I usually have to make myself stop as I tend to get obsessive about it.


*I'm very messy. Its funny, Jon is extremely neat and organized and all I can say is I am his exact opposite. Although I hate messes, I usually have a hard time staying away from them. Let me give you an example of how it works. I walk through the Living room realize I have left my cross stitch stuff out. I pick it up to go put it away, step over my shoes which I do not even notice, get to my room and set the c.s. bag on my bed. I open the closet to put it away and remember I need to get the towels in the laundry before too long, and the washer should be done with the other clothes, I forget all about the c.s. bag, gather the towels(which are in a hamper, I am not that bad)and get them to the laundry room, but the washer is not ready, so I set the towels down head back to living room(over the shoes) pick up the pillows to put them away, remember the c.s. bag on my bed(maybe) set the pillows down... and so on. It takes me a LONG time to pick up my house.On the other hand, it doesn't take me long to clean:)

I only have 2 to tag that haven't been tagged

http://gods-little-blessings.blogspot.com/

http://hoppyteacher.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

Starla said...

I don't know about that Peanut Butter and ketchup. KETCHUP??? LOL!!!
I have read my Bible through, but I tend not to read it in order. I started off real good at the first part of the year, but now I've read some out of order.

Kristi said...

Those were good. The "messy" one cracked me up. That's me to a "T." We're just easily distracted and have too many things going on in our head at one time. Does this make us ADD?

:)

~Kristi