
Table Rock
Wow, what an eventful few days. We have had lots of fun, and took lots of pictures. Now I can share a little. Jaren had a doctor appointment Wed. for a follow up, and it was a new doctor. Now, I am the first to admit, after working with doctors ,I have become rather picky about who we see. We try not to go too often, only if absolutely necessary, so whoever our family doctor is, I have to feel very comfortable with. Well, she was truly sent from the Lord. I just loved her immediately. She was very bubbly, and friendly. She wasn't pushy about medications, feeling that parents have the right to make informed decisions, not just do what the doctor thinks is best. I am very happy to have found this office!! On Thurs. we drove about 1.5 hours to Table Rock State Park in SC. The drive was beautiful and so was the park. It is nestled at the foot of the mountain, and there are several hiking trails, with little secluded waterfalls, a swimming pond with a high dive and a low dive, paddle boats, John boats, canoes.. really just tons to do. I am always amazed at what God has created when I get out into areas like that. I like them especially during the week when no one else is there! Well, within the first 5 minutes Jaren was stung by a hornet on his finger. It really was no big deal, except we learned those little buggers are EVERYWHERE at that park. If you just walk through them, they don't bother you though. We went for the 1.9 mile hike. It really was beautiful. It was also really hard. I guess I'm not quite ready for that. We finally got about 3/4 of the way around, we were going down hill(praise the Lord), Justin was jogging and stepped on a root, popped his ankle, and immediately announced"Dad, I'm gonna pass out". We caught up to him just in time to get him situated, and pass out he did. Those episodes are a little nerve wracking, I always think he is having a seizure, but the doctors have assured me it's just him coming out of it. Yes, he does this sometimes, it's called Vagal Syncope and he has certain triggers. Some kinds of pain are one those triggers. SOOO, Jon got to carry him for awhile, then he limped along for awhile. By the time we shared our lunch with the hornets and the geese, he was feeling much better. We swam, they dove, then we took the paddle boats out. We went back swimming, and headed out to see a house we were supposed to do a clean out on. Isn't that nice, we planned a trip there, and the Lord sent an opportunity close by, so we killed two birds with one stone. With it being so far away , it was nice to not make a trip just to look at the property!! Well, Friday we went back to that area to clean that house(ugh) but it only took about 2 hours inside and out ,so all in all it was another good day. I love being able to spend time with my family. Jon headed out to work today and ended up coming back home. He apparently is coming down with something, and Jaren has the sore throat and cough so I guess we will be in quarantine for a few days!!Here are some pictures. Have a great weekend.
Very pretty scenery
My Honey is hiking
Nice cool place to sit
Shelby is taking the road less travelled(see her there, through the trees)
Lots of streams
Just a neat tree, the hole goes all the way through
The stream bed is red here for some reason
Geese coming for lunch(they were not shy at all)
5 comments:
How beautiful! I'm glad you had a good time despite your adversities. Hope your family is feeling better soon.
Crystal
Your poor kiddos! Harrison was stung on his finger this weekend too. We thought it was a yellow jacket, but then we figured it was a wasp. His hand was swollen for two days and it was still splotchy looking today.
I hope the illness in your home passes quickly. This sinus thing going around has been putting some people down, and I mean DOWN, for a couple of weeks. Let me know if you need some "recipe." LOL
~Kristi
Beautiful photos!!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself after what happened to your sons.
Great photos! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
HI, My Name is Aja and I go to church with the Douglass Family. Bro. Douglass and Bro. Josh had mentioned your blog and I wanted to come see it. Come check out mine at wwww.ajaiswalkingwithjesus.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment