Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I'm so thankful...

For my Mother and Father In Law. I have been thinking alot about them lately,and Dad is heading to Africa this week. That leaves Mom at home. I can't imagine having better in laws. Mom has taught me so much about being a Godly Christian wife and Mother. Not so much by what she's said, but how she lives. Since Jon and I started dating 19 years ago, I've watched her raise 4 sons younger than my husband , stand beside her husband through wonderful times and troubled times. I've watched her deal with stress and heartache that I don't believe any Mother or wife should have to go through. I've watched her at family gatherings at her home where there were too many toddlers and children to count, and wonderful LOUD chaos was everywhere, and she just smiled, and laughed, and stayed sane. She raised 7 wonderful children, has been a Pastors wife, a Missionary, learned to speak Thai(comes in handy when dicussing presents in the company of children)and generally has been an inspiration to me.Dad has the heart of a Missionary. He was a wonderful Pastor who LOVED his congregation, and anyone else that he met, but he is a fantastic missionary! He loves telling others about the Lord!! He will literally talk to ANYONE.Please pray for him over the next few weeks, he will be meeting and helping national pastors in Africa with anything they need. So, I love ya DAD!!!! I will be praying for you and Mom!!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a great post very sweet. I will be praying for the both of them.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Susan. We think we got the "better deal" when Jon married you. We love you! Mom and Dad

A Hoppy Teacher said...

We will be praying for him as well. I love to hear him testify about his experiences on the mission field.
Crystal

Kristi said...

I love your in laws too. They are PRECIOUS!

~Kristi

Starla said...

It is great to have people in you life that you can say good things about.