bits of fabric on the floor
next to bits of thread
i lost my little silver pins
i believe they're in my bed
Amidst the hectic week, on Wednesday, I finished the dress I was working on for Shelby. Sewing is always an adventure for me. I tend to be sorta messy, so I find strings and pins everywhere. Fabric is usually all over the house, My scissors always disappear, usually into a kitchen drawer, the cross stitch bag, Shelby's room... and so when I pick up my "sewing area" to get the house looking neat, it usually takes awhile. This also means it takes a few days(or weeks)for me to get inspired to get it all back out!! This project only took a few hours of sewing time, but about 2 or three weeks to actually complete it. It actually was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.
Well, until I got to the hat.
I do believe that hat was cursed!!!
You see, this cute dress pattern comes with a pattern for a hat. So, I dutifully cut out the pattern for the hat in contrasting colors. I have never made a hat. I was so excited.I Carefully folded the cut and marked pieces to finish AFTER the dress was complete. This would be a great incentive to finish the dress before my daughter out grew it!!! I am so glad I did that!! Had I started with that silly hat, the dress never would have been made. It seemed that the brim was 2 inches too short for the sides, and the pattern directions made no sense at all. Now, I am not the most experienced sewer around, but I can usually figure out the idea of what the pattern is saying to do. After about 2 hours of trying to sew the brim to the sides, pinning then unpinning, I understood WHAT I was supposed to do, and HOW it was supposed to turn out... but there was no way it was happening. I guess I must have cut something wrong, or sewed the seams wrong, or, or, well, SOMETHING was wrong. Needless to say, three hours into that nightmare, I decided the dress looked better without that hat!!
LOL,I would not want Shelby to wear a hat that had been cursed anyways!!!
2 comments:
The dress is lovely...very Shelby looking. Too bad about the hat, really. Shelby always looks cute in a hat. Not everyone does.
~Kristi
What a cute dress!!!
Post a Comment