Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bad Blogger



Ok, its true. I have been a very bad blogger. It has been almost a month since I have been on here. It has been really crazy!! I haven't even read emails. I just get on the computer long enough to delete the junk, then I'm running again!!


It is 11pm on Christmas eve, and I am not the least bit sleepy. Jaren is building a model in his room, Justin is humming to his mp3 in the dark, in his room, and Shelby is watching a movie in hers. It is rooms only till 5 am then the kids are allowed to wake us. I know I will regret this time in the morning, but for now, I just can not sleep, Soooo, I will blog.


Jon asked a good question the other night. Why DO we give presents? I know the three wise men, and the gift of God, I also know I am at the point where I have more fun giving presents, and watching my kids open theirs than actually getting them for myself.

He then brought up what we actually remember getting in years past. I don't know about you, but I only remember a few things, and they usually stick out because of an event that happened around that time. But I do remember things my family used to do together. It is the same with him.


Next year I think we are going to attempt having a family vacation for Christmas, go somewhere, a cabin maybe, see snow, ski, tube...take the money we would spend on gifts and spend it on doing something that will leave a lasting memory as well as maybe start a new family tradition.


Still decorate, put up our thanksgiving Christmas tree( we all say something we are thankful for that year as we put each ornament on, on thanksgiving) and maybe do birthdays a little bigger.


I don't know... just a thought we are tossing around!!


Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!!


I will have lotsa pictures to show you later,

2 comments:

Starla said...

I agree, if I ever have children I want to make their birthdays big and special and let Christmas be all about Jesus' birthday. Love the photo. Also I like what you do when you put your Christmas tree up. That sounds really nice.

Kristi said...

I think you're on to something, Susan!

And I love your fireplace. It's decorated so pretty.
:)

~Kristi