Well, it's been almost 2 months since I've blogged. How horrid is that???? I could use the excuse that we have been so busy with the move, and nothing was set up, but it really would be just that. An excuse. I HAVE been busy, but I'm sure if I wanted to I could find some time to blog . Well, the bug has hit again, and here I am.
We are moved, and somewhat settled. Here are a few pics to describe the last month and a half.With no TV, computer, play-stations etc.. the kids became creative. Before we moved, the kids wanted to show Jon how much they love him, so they created yard art for him to come home to . Shelby started it and the boys decided they wanted to do something too.
Do you see the "I love you"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our new home.
We traded alot of property for more house and a nice neighborhood. The kids have already made friends and have lots of space to ride their bikes without danger. The neighborhood is actually so friendly it's almost creepy. I mean, the people in NC were always real nice but we did not live near anyone, these people all live fairly close and they are all VERY friendly.The kids all ride around on scooters,bikes, and golfcarts. we have an Icecream man/van that comes around everyday. It's a big ol brown van, and the kids think it's really neat. A young lady named Arianna lives across the street and she and Shelby have become instant friends. She has 2 younger brothers that my boys spend time with and her mom just had another baby. I made this for the kids.
remember the thought that with no electronics kids become more creative. well, we lived here about 2 weeks without it, and look what they came up with. Jaren's was the JUDGE. Kinda morbid, but... he's a boy. Shelby made the ice cream van... yep she's a girl.
A group of German immigrants (Salzberger(SP) family)came over in the early 1700's for religious freedom. They settled here on the Savannah River, started one of the first public schools, orphanages, and many other things . All that's left is this church, a house and a cemetery.
Lutheran Church built in 1769. It's really pretty, and set way back in the middle of nowhere.
Shelby at the working water pump
We found a HUGE flea market. This cow has a straw hat, and from the restrooms you have this view. It tickled me, there is a diamond ring on her tail!!!
We took Jon to Bennigans for his birthday. We have not been to one in YEARS. I just love the expressions on my kids faces.
We have had my inlaws over a few times,and this last time they brought Jessica and Abigail. We loved seeing them, and Shelby and Abby had a blast!!
Its a robot
Today we went yard sale-ing. My kids LOVE to go. I found two end tables that I repainted for the den,and then this. I love old things. I have looked for an old trunk for about 15 years. They are always too expensive, or are restored.. I happen to like the old look. We were on our way home, had passed a sign and the kids begged to turn around, it was almost 2 o'clock, you know the good stuff is gone, i was hungry, but decided to give in to their wheedles. There it was...i was soooo excited...from what i can figure it was made between 1880 and 1920. So between 89 and 129 years old.. okay that's old enough I guess :)
3 comments:
Oh WOW!!! I love the trunk!!!!! It's awesome, really.
And "The Judge" had me giggling out loud. I'm not sure if it was because of the California Raisins or the hanged trolls. ROFL TOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!!! *laughing hysterically*
Glad you're getting settled,
~Kristi
I think you had a really good reason to not be blogging. At least you were not Facebooking. I really loved the photos and it really sounded like you guys have been really busy.
All right, Susan...either join us on facebook or update this blog. ROFL
~Kristi
Post a Comment