Okay I have been duly scolded. It's been a month.
Again. ((((sigh)))
Well, last time it was 2 months. So, i guess this is a little better. So, here is whats happening...
in pics.
We began our school year August 5th. At first the kids were set in the den in a little circle, now we set up our desk divider on the other side of the den. It all breaks down very easily on the weekends so we have room. Justins been doing pre-algebra and financing. NOT my favorite.
Justin and Jaren (with Dads help) made me some bookshelves for the little storage room off the den. They did great
Jon and his company were awarded the Sergeant Major and the Garrison Commander medals for their service at Hunter Army Airbase. This was a REALLY big deal for them!!! We are told it's quite an honor, and in the short time Jon has been there they have raised the resident satisfaction rating several points, putting this base at number 4 in the nation. My hubby is just soooo good!!!!
We took a trip to the local Veterans Memorial Park. It was really beautiful. They had a wall with all the county's veterans listed by the war which they were in, then another section with plaques set into the pavement for those who lost their lives during active duty. It was very humbling.
I'll try to get a little more up tomorrow. Jon has some pics on his cell phone I need, so I will have to get him to upload those.
We are all fine. Having fun, staying busy. My momma comes up this weekend, so there will be NO BLOGGING for at least a week and a half!!!! I have not seen her in almost a year, and I am sooooo excited!!!
2 comments:
Susan, tell Jon congrats on the medals. That's pretty exciting!
The boys look GREAT helping with the shelves. They're growing up into fine young men.
And Shelby, well...she's just as beautiful as ever.
Love the desks...where'd you find 'em? And who in the world would EVER scold you??? I just don't get it!! ;)
Love ya,
~Kristi
Ok I will.
Yeah, they do look great, and love helping!!
Shelby IS Beautiful as always. I love how she keeps her knee crocked up. She ALWAYS sits like that. Not real lady like, but rahter than fight it too much, i just make sure her culottes are long enough to cover it!
They are el cheapo desks from Freds. I think they were like 18 dollars or something. Wont last forever, but hey, we needed desks and that was the best option!!! they do look nice though.
love ya
Post a Comment