Well,
It is that time again. You know, the day of the year that makes you feel your age.
My first-born will turn 14 tomorrow!! I would like to say it is sad, my baby is growing up, but really, I love all of my kids stages and changes. To me, his turning 14 is almost a bigger deal than when he turned 13 (his first 'teen' year). He just seems so much more grown up this year!!
He is such a wonderful son. He loves his Daddy dearly, and wants to spend every waking moment with him. It doesn't matter if Jon is doing something fun or not, Justin wants to be right there with him. He is sooooo much like Jon in temperament it's not funny.
He is very protective of me. If I leave him at home when I go to the store, and I am not back by what he considers a reasonable time, he always calls to check on me. It is funny, I am a loner by nature, and have no issues at all with doing something quietly by myself, in fact, I prefer it sometimes, but he does not understand that at all, and is always concerned I might be lonely. He will even offer to go shopping with me if he thinks I will be at all lonely!!
He tries so hard to do what is right. In fact just yesterday he had his first battle with a neighborhood kid who decided to 'impress' my 3 with rock music from his cell phone. Justin let him know real quick that he was not listening to that!! If someone nearby says something they shouldn't, he quickly tells them not to talk that way, ESPECIALLY not around his sister. He is protective of Jaren, who is quieter by nature. He makes sure Jaren is included in everything and everyone treats him right. I can honestly say they are best friends!!
Now his sister is another story. He loves her, but does not understand her. That does not stop him from protecting her. He wont even let any of his friends talk with her!!!I overheard him tell one young man,"Dont you talk about her, don't you even look at my sister!!The young man in question was only 10 and had said she was pretty,lol!!
One young man thought it would be funny to throw a football to Shelby,she was not playing with them, and was not paying attention and it hit her in the face. I seriously thought Justin was going to string him up. LOL!!He wouldn't let him come over for several days, then made him apologize to her!! He let me know that "HE" took care of it!
Most and best of all, he loves the Lord!! He tries so hard to make sure whatever he is doing, and whatever is going on around him is right with God, is in-line with the Bible. He asks a lot of questions about what he reads, he wants to make sure he understands it right.
We have been so blessed to have such a wonderful son!!!
* will post pics tomorrow of his birthday!!
1 comment:
Aww, I hate I'm late on this! Tell Justin Happy Birthday for us. He is a character, huh? Love how he doesn't understand Shelby. *snicker* He will figure out all too soon that he does not understand ANY of the fairer sex. HA!
~Kristi
Post a Comment