Saturday, February 21, 2009

A teen in the house



BUBBA IS 13!!!!!!


MAXIMO... The newest addition to our menagerie





Wow, it seem like only yesterday that he was born!! We started reminiscing about his earlier years , so here are a few.
He was due March 15th, but due to toxemia
he was born February 20th at 11:56 pm. It was funny, I was induced at 6:30 in the morning and Jon was determined this child would be born on the 20th since our anniversary in on November 20th. At about 11:45 that night he informed Dr. Arkin that the child just had to be born before midnight. We redoubled our efforts, and just made it!!
A few days after he was born we were informed that he was too jaundiced, so a home health nurse came to our home and placed Justin in what looked like an old fashioned blue suitcase.We love to tell him that he did not have a bed, just an old suitcase!! It was the bili lights he needed, and had to stay in it 24/7 except for short periods out for feeding. It was so hard because we could not just sit and hold him. Because he was a pre-me (a 7 lb 20” pre -me) his sucking system was off, and we actually rigged a bottle from a hook on the ceiling and taped a tube to my pinkie.
The early days were an adventure!!!
As he grew older he developed his own personality as children do. He was so funny .Always laughing, smiling, giggling... We have very few sad face pictures around here of him. We nick-named him Elmo, guess why??
His only quirk was that he DID NOT want to go to bed at night and stay there! This started at birth, and continued until he was about 4 or 5. I won’t go into detail due to embarrassing him, but all of his pleasant ways, obedience, and good humor came to an abrupt screeching halt come bed time, and did not return until morning!!! He was crafty, determined and stubborn... The things that child did to get out of bed...
We laugh now, but it was a battle of epic proportions at the time!!


He has preached his first message, he holds the doors and greets people at church, he sings solos, duets, and in the youth choir. He sometimes leads the music in children’s church.
I can trust him. I can give the kids a job to do, put him in charge, and I know he will make sure it gets done right ,and fairly, always doing his part!
One of the earliest pictures we have on the computer. He was 9.


He is not so much an Elmo now, he is more thoughtful.



He still loves to laugh, to talk and goof around. He is not shy about offering a kiss for mom and dad irregardless of who is around, and is the best help you could have on a job, he absolutely loves to work! He has grown into an excellent young man!! One any parent would be proud of. One I am proud of!
His first mowing job. It was 3 acres and took a good while. I would place water bottles strategically around the yard so every little while he would have fresh ice water!!!
Same job, different tool, MUCH MUCH faster!!!

I LOVE YOU, JUSTIN CALEB,AND I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JUSTIN!

~Mrs. Kristi

Anonymous said...

Wow! Time sure does fly. I remember him as just a little baby. Every time we get the chance to get together I am always amazed at how grown up your kids are getting. (It makes me feel old!) I know God has a special plan for Justin, Jaren and Shelby. I am sure Justin had a great birthday. I just wish we could have been around. We miss you guys!

Jud